Policies that guide the staff in the services the library offers
- Policy states who is able to check out materials from the library, how long the loan periods are for different material, how to place reserves, and the overdue process.
- Rules governing the use of the FAX machine, including the cost.
- Interlibrary Loan
- Description of the interlibrary loan service, who may use it, how to submit a request, and the responsibilities of the borrower and of the library.
- To meet the needs of students and institutions of higher learning, the HJ Nugen Public Library agrees to cooperate with patrons and institutions to support their lifelong learning goals by offering proctoring services. This service is based on the availability of personnel, facilities and technology to do so. The proctoring policy sets out the responsibilities of the student and the library and its staff.
- Ramey Hall
- Information concerning the rental of Ramey Hall (the library basement) including rules and the charges involved.
- Loan of Ramey Hall Furniture
- The table and chairs of Ramey Hall may only be loaned to a non-profit organization for a community event. If the Hall is rented the furniture may not be loaned.
- Reference Service
- The library is committed to providing excellent reference service to all patrons, regardless of age, race, sex, disability, social, or economic status. Reference service will be provided whenever the library is open. This policy speaks to the scope, responsibility, promptness of service, and special services.