Lots of New Things Happening at the Library!
Where you can keep updated with what is happening at the Library!
We have started some new programming that started last month (October) at the library and we are LOVING IT!
1. Tyke Time! – This happens every Monday at 10:30 for Babies-up to preschool age, and 10:45 for Preschool kids. We love to spend time with the little ones, so if you have one or babysit one (or more) bring them down to the library. We read books, sing songs, finger plays, and HAVE FUN! It’s never too early to get the kiddos to fall in love with the library!
2. “Keep Calm and Color On” – On October 22nd we had our first meeting. It is an adult coloring group where you can take an hour or two to take a break from the craziness of life and relax with other adults and color fun pictures. This will be happening every month on the third Thursday, so our next session is November 19th. We meet at 6 pm. Coloring pages are provided, as well as colored pencils. You are more than welcome to bring your own pages and your own coloring supplies. Just remember this is an ADULTS ONLY group. Please come and join!
3. After School Program – Every wednesday from 2:30 pm to 4:00 for school-age children. Younger children are welcome with a parent or whoever is caring for the child at that time. We alternate between a movie with popcorn, crafts, Legos, and games unplugged.
4. Introducing POKEMON LEAGUE! – This new program is for school-age kids & up and will be after school at 3:30 pm until 4:30 pm. The first meeting will be Thursday November 12th. Normally this group would be meeting the 2nd and 4th Thursdays, but since we are starting this in the months full of late holidays, November and December will have an odd schedule. This group will meet November 12th & 24th and December 10th and 18th. If your child collects Pokémon cards send them up to the library to get together with other players! What a great way to meet new friends!
5. Book Club! – We still have our monthly book club. We meet the first Thursday at 6 pm of each month. Here we discuss the book that was given in the previous month and then receive the new book for the next meeting. We read a variety of books, some fiction and others non-fiction. It’s never too late to join. Stop in anytime in the month to see if we have a copy available for you to read for the upcoming meeting. We look forward to seeing you!
6. We had a HORROR FEST for our middle school and high school students on Halloween after Trick-or-Treat. We had a good turn out and the students received snacks and beverages and got to enjoy a scary movie!
Didn’t know about some of these events? Make sure you check our upcoming events section on our homepage, and like us on Facebook! We try to keep everything we have coming up posted so you don’t miss a thing!
Here are some pictures from some of our fun.